Strategic alignment is a fundamental business concept that determines the competitiveness of an organisation. The concept explains how organisations can better achieve strategic alignment to increase growth and profitability - even in the toughest markets and economic climates.
Strategic Alignment Definition
Strategic alignment is the strength of the links “between an organisation’s overall goals and the goals of each of the units that contribute to the success of those overall goals” (Andolsen, 2007). The concept is closely related to strategic fit, which exists when the network of internal performance drivers is consistent and aligned with the firm’s desired customer and financial outcomes (Kaplan & Norton, 2006).
Strategic Alignment Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic Alignment.
Strategic Alignment Strengths *
Strategic Alignment Weaknesses *
Examples of Strategic Alignment *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Strategic Alignment Implementation *
Success Factors of Strategic Alignment *
Measures of Strategic Alignment *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Strategic Alignment Videos *
Strategic Alignment Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Strategic Alignment Web Resources *
Strategic Alignment Print Resources *
Strategic Alignment References (4 of up to 20) *
- Andolsen, A. A. (2007) Does Your RIM Program Nees a Strategic Alignment?, The Information Management Journal, ARMA International.
- Andrews, K. (1971) The Concept of Corporate Strategy, Irwin, Homewood, IL.
- Cobb, J. C., Samuels, C. J., and Sexton, M. W. (1998) Alignment and strategic change: A challenge for marketing and human resources, Leadership, Organisation Development Journal, Vol. 19 (1), pp. 32-43.
- Ezingeard, J., McFadzean, E. and Birchall, D. (2007) Mastering the art of corroboration: A conceptual analysis of information assurance and corporate strategy alignment, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 20, (1), pp. 96-118.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic Alignment and hundreds of other essential business management techniques