Split sourcing increases the chances of product availability and can lead to cost savings. The concept provides carefully selected case studies and practical advice on implementation.
Split Sourcing Definition
Split sourcing is when a company uses two suppliers for the same product in order to increase the likelihood that the product will be available and for the company to source it cheaper and more effectively (Artiba & Elmaghraby, 1997; Goldsby & Martichenko, 2005).
Split Sourcing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Split Sourcing.
Split Sourcing Strengths *
Split Sourcing Weaknesses *
Examples of Split Sourcing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Split Sourcing Implementation *
Success Factors of Split Sourcing *
Measures of Split Sourcing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Split Sourcing Videos *
Split Sourcing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Split Sourcing Web Resources *
Split Sourcing Print Resources *
Split Sourcing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aláez-Aller, R. and Longás-García, J. C. (2010) Dynamic Supplier Management in the Automotive Industry, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 30 (3), pp. 312-35.
- Anderson, J. (1989) Split Sourcing Could Boost Quality of US Arsenal, Kentucky New Era, July 3.
- Arthur, C. (2012) Digital Wars, Kogan Page, London.
- Artiba, A. and Elmaghraby, S. E. (1997) The Planning and Scheduling of Production Systems, Chapman & Hall, London.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Split Sourcing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques