The concept explores the importance of procurement visibility and explains how organisations can determine spend by commodities, products, services and suppliers. You will gain an understanding of how to better leverage your buying power, reduce costs and strategically improve supplier relationships.
Spend Analysis Definition
Spend analysis is the process that “integrates internal spend data and external supplier and market data and applies analytical and benchmarking techniques to help identify risks and opportunities for performance improvements and savings by applying best practices in purchasing and supply management” (RAND, 2004).
Spend Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Spend Analysis.
Spend Analysis Strengths *
Spend Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Spend Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Spend Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Spend Analysis *
Measures of Spend Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Spend Analysis Videos *
Spend Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Spend Analysis Web Resources *
Spend Analysis Print Resources *
Spend Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bartolini, A. and Dwyer, C. (2008) Spend Analysis: Pulling Back the Cover on Savings. Aberdeen Group, October, 2008.
- CIPS: How Do We Measure Up?
- CIPS/Portland Group (2009) Strategic procurement survey.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (2006) Procuring the Future. Sustainable Procurement National Action Plan: Recommendations from the Sustainable Procurement Task Force. London.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Spend Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques