Social Network Analysis
The concept reviews the development of social network analysis, its origins, and main contributors. It introduces the basic concepts and methods of social network analysis, their capabilities and limitations, as well as their business applications.
Social Network Analysis Definition
The social network analysis (SNA) is a methodology used to analyse the properties of social networks. The way in which the social network is represented is based on Graphs Theory, representing relations as nodes and links, where depending on the level of analysis, the nodes may represent entities such as people, technology, groups or firms (Zack, 2000). O’Reilly and Roberts (1977), and Tichy, Turshman and Fombrun (1979) affirm that SNA is central to the field of structural inquiry and represents an adequate method to analyse groups.
Social Network Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Social Network Analysis.
Social Network Analysis Strengths *
Social Network Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Social Network Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Social Network Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Social Network Analysis *
Measures of Social Network Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Social Network Analysis Videos *
Social Network Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Social Network Analysis Web Resources *
Social Network Analysis Print Resources *
Social Network Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Burt, R. (1991) Structure. Version 4.2 Reference Manual, New York: Columbia University.
- Butt, C. (2008) Social Network Analysis. A Methodological Introduction, Asian Journal of Social Sociology, Vol. 11, pp. 13-41.
- Cantner U. and Graf, H. (2006) The Network of Innovators in Jena: An Application of Social Network Analysis. Research Policy Vol. 35(4), pp. 463-480
- Chen, C. (2007) Social Networks at Sempra Energy's IT Division are Key to Building Strategic Capacity. Global Business and Organizational Excellence, Vol. 18(1), pp. 16-24.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Social Network Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques