Social Media Management
Social media management is an essential activity in all modern organisations. The concept explains how to fit social software and social strategies around core business problems and uses case study examples from across different industries to highlight how firms are executing their strategies.
Social Media Management Definition
Social media management refers to the collection of tools, processes, software, policies and strategies that companies use to pursue a professional approach to Enterprise 2.0 adoption and external social media interactions. It entails defining “a roadmap and applying validated instruments for managing change and implementation of Enterprise 2.0 solutions” and to those social media activities that extend beyond the firm to customers (Back & Koch, 2011).
Social Media Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Social Media Management.
Social Media Management Strengths *
Social Media Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Social Media Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Social Media Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Social Media Management *
Measures of Social Media Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Social Media Management Videos *
Social Media Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Social Media Management Web Resources *
Social Media Management Print Resources *
Social Media Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- André, P., Bernstein, M. and Luther, K. (2012) Vision Statement: What Makes a Great Tweet, Harvard Business Review, May.
- Back, A. and Koch, M. (2011) Broadening Participation in Knowledge Management in Enterprise 2.0, Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag GmbH Passau (Germany), Vol. 53 (3), pp. 135-41.
- Berkman, R. (2012) GE’s Colab Brings Good Things to the Company, MIT Sloan Management Review, November.
- Blanchard, O. (2011) Social Media ROI, Pearson, Boston, MA.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Social Media Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques