Shared Services Innovation
Learn how continuous innovation enables shared service centres to co-create new service offerings and experiences with internal customers, for internal customers. Benefits and challenges of applying shared services innovation are presented, along with step-by-step guidance and success factors for implementation.
Shared Services Innovation Definition
Shared services innovation describes the introduction of ‘a new or considerably changed service concept, internal customer interaction channel, service delivery system or technological concept, that leads to one or more service functions that are new to the shared services centre (SSC) and change the services offered to internal customers. Shared services innovation may necessitate the introduction of incrementally or radically new technological, human or organisational capabilities in the SSC (Knol et al., 2014; van Ark et al., 2003).
Shared Services Innovation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Shared Services Innovation.
Shared Services Innovation Strengths *
Shared Services Innovation Weaknesses *
Examples of Shared Services Innovation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Shared Services Innovation Implementation *
Success Factors of Shared Services Innovation *
Measures of Shared Services Innovation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Shared Services Innovation Videos *
Shared Services Innovation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Shared Services Innovation Web Resources *
Shared Services Innovation Print Resources *
Shared Services Innovation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Allinson, C. and Hayes, J. (2012) The Cognitive Style Index: Technical Manual and User Guide, Pearson Education. Available at: http://www.talentlens.co.uk/assets/legacy-documents/71874/csi-manual.pdf.
- Bergeron, B. (2003) Essentials of Shared Services, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ.
- Bondarouk, T. (2014) Shared Services as a New Organizational Form (Ed.), Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley, UK.
- CBI (2015) Shared Services: Overview. Available at: http://www.cbi.org.uk/business-issues/public-services/in-focus/shared-services/
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Shared Services Innovation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques