Search Engine Optimisation
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is an essential technique to enhance the visibility of an organisation's website. The concept uses real case study examples to highlight the benefits of SEO and provides practical implementation advice and measures for assessing the success of an SEO strategy.
Search Engine Optimisation Definition
“Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of identifying and fine-tuning elements of a website in order to achieve the highest possible visibility when a search engine responds to a relevant query” (Barry & Charleton, 2009, p. 114). It also concerns the development of link strategies in which other relevant high-quality websites link back to a company’s website (Barry & Charleton, 2009).
Search Engine Optimisation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Search Engine Optimisation.
Search Engine Optimisation Strengths *
Search Engine Optimisation Weaknesses *
Examples of Search Engine Optimisation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Search Engine Optimisation Implementation *
Success Factors of Search Engine Optimisation *
Measures of Search Engine Optimisation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Search Engine Optimisation Videos *
Search Engine Optimisation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Search Engine Optimisation Web Resources *
Search Engine Optimisation Print Resources *
Search Engine Optimisation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barry, C. and Charleton, D. (2009) In Search of Search Engine Marketing Strategy Amongst SME's in Ireland, in Filipe, J. and Obaidat, M. S. (Eds.), e-Business and Telecommunications, Springer Publishing, ICETE 2008, Portugal.
- Cowie, F. (2008) How to Create a Successful Commercial Website, Straighforward Publishing, Scarborough, UK.
- Evans, M. P. (2007) Analysing Google Rankings Through Search Engine Optimization Data, Internet Research, Vol. 17 (1), pp. 21-37.
- Fortunato, S., Boguna, M., Flammini, A. and Menczer, F. (2006) How to Make the Top Ten: Approximating PageRank from In-degree, 14th International World Wide Conference, May 22-26, Edinburgh.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Search Engine Optimisation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques