Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002
This concept explains The Sarbanes Oxley Act by providing its description and examples of how it is applied.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Definition
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act, 2002, often referred to as SOX (Pub.L. 107-204, 116 Stat. 745), was enacted on 30 July 2002 in the United States to 'protect investors by improving the accuracy and reliability of corporate disclosures made pursuant to the securities laws, and for other purposes' (The Sarbanes-Oxley Act, 2002). The Act requires Chief Executives and Financial Directors of companies to specifically address in their annual reports risks to business continuity and to the health of their business organisation (Waters, 2007).
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Strengths *
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Weaknesses *
Examples of Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Implementation *
Success Factors of Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 *
Measures of Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Videos *
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Web Resources *
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 Print Resources *
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 References (4 of up to 20) *
- BBC News (2001) Barings Audit Trial Begins. 2 October. [online] Available at: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1575371.stm [Accessed 09 January 2011].
- Bowersox, D.J., Closs, D.J. and Cooper, M.B (2007) Supply Chain Logistics Management. (2nd ed.) McGraw-Hill: Boston, MA.
- CIPS: Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002.
- SupplyManagement.com (2010) NI Water Board Members Ousted for Purchasing Failures. 17 March. [online] Available at: www.supplymanagement.com/news/2010/ni-water-board-members-ousted-for-purchasing-failures/?locale=en [Accessed 09 January 2011].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 and hundreds of other essential business management techniques