The concept provides a review of resource-based strategy and describes some of its strengths and capabilities. It also looks at different variations of resource-based approaches that have developed in organisations over the last few decades.
Resource-Based Strategy Definition
Resource-based strategy emphasises strategy creation built around the further exploitation of existing core competencies and strategic capabilities (Thompson and Martin, 2005).
Resource-Based Strategy Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Resource-Based Strategy.
Resource-Based Strategy Strengths *
Resource-Based Strategy Weaknesses *
Examples of Resource-Based Strategy *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Resource-Based Strategy Implementation *
Success Factors of Resource-Based Strategy *
Measures of Resource-Based Strategy *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Resource-Based Strategy Videos *
Resource-Based Strategy Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Resource-Based Strategy Web Resources *
Resource-Based Strategy Print Resources *
Resource-Based Strategy References (4 of up to 20) *
- Arnold, H., Erner, M. and Mockel, P. (2010) Applied Technology and Innovation Management. Springer, Berlin.
- Barney, J.B. (1991) Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage. Journal of Management, Vol. 17(1), pp. 99-120.
- Boxall, P. and Macky, K. (2007) High-performance Work Systems and Organisational Performance: Bridging Theory and Practice. Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, Vol. 45(3), pp. 261-70.
- Boxall, P. and Macky, K. (2009) Research and Theory on High-performance Work systems: Progressing the High-involvement Stream. Human Resource Management Journal, Vol. 19(1), pp. 3-23.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Resource-Based Strategy and hundreds of other essential business management techniques