The concept explains what relationship marketing is and describes the key principles upon which it is based. It offers the tools, strengths and success factors that will help organisations to tackle many issues relating to customer relationship management.
Relationship Marketing Definition
Relationship marketing (RM) is a marketing philosophy of building relationships between brands and customers that will last a significant amount of time. To achieve this, companies should interact with customers on a regular basis and continue to give them reasons to remain faithful customers of the company (Solomon, 2006).
Relationship Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Relationship Marketing.
Relationship Marketing Strengths *
Relationship Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Relationship Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Relationship Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Relationship Marketing *
Measures of Relationship Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Relationship Marketing Videos *
Relationship Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Relationship Marketing Web Resources *
Relationship Marketing Print Resources *
Relationship Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Ahmad, R. and Buttle, F. (2001) Customer Retention: A Potentially Potent Marketing Management Strategy. Journal of Strategic Marketing, Vol. 9(1), pp. 29-45.
- Blattberg, R.C., Kim, B.D. and Neslin, S.A. (2008) Database Marketing. Analyzing and Managing Customers. Springer, New York.
- Bruhn, M. (2002) Relationship Marketing: Management of Customer Relationships. FT/Prentice Hall, Harlow, London and New York.
- Egan, J. (2004) Relationship Marketing: Exploring Relational Strategies in Marketing. (2nd Ed.) FT/Prentice Hall, Harlow, London and New York.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Relationship Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques