The concept provides a basic introduction to Queuing theory and its applications. It includes some business evidence and suggestions on how managers can successfully implement some of the theory's propositions in their organisations.
Queuing Theory Definition
Queuing theory is the analysis of queues in terms of waiting-time length and mean waiting-time. The theory can be usefully applied to the analysis of service systems, maintenance activities, and shop floor control activities (Kumar and Suresh, 2009: 31).
Queuing Theory Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Queuing Theory.
Queuing Theory Strengths *
Queuing Theory Weaknesses *
Examples of Queuing Theory *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Queuing Theory Implementation *
Success Factors of Queuing Theory *
Measures of Queuing Theory *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Queuing Theory Videos *
Queuing Theory Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Queuing Theory Web Resources *
Queuing Theory Print Resources *
Queuing Theory References (4 of up to 20) *
- Adan, I.J.B.F., Boxma, O.J. and Resing, J.A.C. (2001) Queueing Models with Multiple Waiting Lines. Queueing Systems, Vol. 37(1-3), pp. 65-98.
- Adan, I.J.B.F. and Resing, J.A.C. (2002) Queueing Theory. Paper published by the Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Andrews, B. and Parsons, H. (1993) Establishing Telephone-agent Staffing Levels through Economic Optimization. Interfaces, Vol. 23, pp. 14-20.
- Boxma, O. . (2001) Stochastic Performance Modelling. Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Queuing Theory and hundreds of other essential business management techniques