This concept introduces managers and business owners to a risk-free way to engage employees in the process of decision-making and shift organisations toward a more participative culture.
Quality Circles Definition
Quality circles are small groups of employees who meet frequently to help resolve company quality problems and provide recommendations to management (Kerzner, 2009: 878).
Quality Circles Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Quality Circles.
Quality Circles Strengths *
Quality Circles Weaknesses *
Examples of Quality Circles *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Quality Circles Implementation *
Success Factors of Quality Circles *
Measures of Quality Circles *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Quality Circles Videos *
Quality Circles Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Quality Circles Web Resources *
Quality Circles Print Resources *
Quality Circles References (4 of up to 20) *
- Basu, R. (2004) Implementing Quality. Thomson, London.
- Brahm, C. and Kleiner, B.H. (1996) Advantages and Disadvantages of Group Decision-making Approaches. Team Performance Management: An International Journal, Vol. 2(1), pp. 30-35.
- CIMA (2005) CIMA Official Terminology. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Oxford, UK.
- Colman, R. (2002) Shifting into High Gear: Honda Canada Drives Process Innovation with its Employees. CMA Management Magazine, October.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Quality Circles and hundreds of other essential business management techniques