The concept reviews the value and contribution of purchasing strategies to the overall corporate performance and the performance of other functions.
Purchasing Strategies Definition
Purchasing strategies are "actions that [a] purchasing department may take to achieve its objectives" (Lysons and Farrington, 2006: 44). Purchasing strategies are aligned with corporate-level business strategies (strategic alignment) and with purchasing capabilities (purchasing efficacy) (Lysons and Farrington, 2006; Baier, 2008).
Purchasing Strategies Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Purchasing Strategies.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Purchasing Strategies *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Purchasing Strategies *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Purchasing Strategies videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Purchasing Strategies web and print resources *
Purchasing Strategies references (4 of up to 20) *
- Baier, C. (2008) The Alignment Performance Link in Purchasing and Supply Management. Gabler Verlag.
- Baily, P., Farmer, D., Jessop, D. and Jones, D. (2005) Purchasing Principles and Management, 9th ed. Pearson Education: Essex, UK.
- Belcourt, M. (2006) Outsourcing: The Benefits and the Risks. Human Resource Management Review, Vol.16 (2), pp. 269-279.
- Buck, C.R. (1993) General Electric: Regional Healthcare Management, in P. Boland, ed. Making managed healthcare work. Aspen Publishers: Maryland, US.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Purchasing Strategies and hundreds of other essential business management techniques