This concept describes how purchasing departments can be structured and how they evolve over time.
Purchasing Structures/Models Definition
Purchasing models/structures describe the design of the purchasing department or its function and the way it is linked to, and configured within, the wider organisational design and business model. Some examples of functions are: purpose, responsibilities, management and teams, and coordination and control of activities and resources (Lysons and Farrington, 2006).
Purchasing Structures/Models Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Purchasing Structures/Models.
Purchasing Structures/Models Strengths *
Purchasing Structures/Models Weaknesses *
Examples of Purchasing Structures/Models *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Purchasing Structures/Models Implementation *
Success Factors of Purchasing Structures/Models *
Measures of Purchasing Structures/Models *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Purchasing Structures/Models Videos *
Purchasing Structures/Models Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Purchasing Structures/Models Web Resources *
Purchasing Structures/Models Print Resources *
Purchasing Structures/Models References (4 of up to 20) *
- Andrews, R., Boyne, G.A., Law, J. and Walker, R.M. (2009) Centralisation, Organisational Strategy and Public Service Performance. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Vol.19(1), pp. 57-80.
- Atkinson, W. (2006) Centralised Procurement: Success Breeds Success [online] Available at: www.purchasing.com/article/CA6341094.html [Accessed 16 November 2011].
- Boxall, P. and Macky, K. (2009) Research and theory on high-performance work systems: progressing the high-involvement stream. Human Resource Management Journal, Vol.19(1), pp. 3-23.
- CIPS: Visa Business Case for P-cards.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Purchasing Structures/Models and hundreds of other essential business management techniques