The concept examines the advantages and disadvantage of P-cards, as well as the factors affecting the implementation of this purchasing method.
Purchasing Cards Definition
Purchase cards (P-Cards) allow organisations to acquire efficient inventories, reduce relative costs and increase business efficiency, as well as employee satisfaction and productivity (Dahly and Buehner 2003). P-Cards as a payment mechanism can be incorporated into a purchasing process to reduce the needs for invoicing that come with purchasing processes by automatically creating a payment (CIPS: Purchasing cards).
Purchasing Cards Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Purchasing Cards.
Purchasing Cards Strengths *
Purchasing Cards Weaknesses *
Examples of Purchasing Cards *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Purchasing Cards Implementation *
Success Factors of Purchasing Cards *
Measures of Purchasing Cards *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Purchasing Cards Videos *
Purchasing Cards Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Purchasing Cards Web Resources *
Purchasing Cards Print Resources *
Purchasing Cards References (4 of up to 20) *
- Chandrashekar A. and Gopalakrishnan, M. (2005) 'Purchase Cards and Inventory Control: An Analytical Framework'. Production Planning & Control. Vol.16(5), pp. 437-443.
- CIPS Australia: Visa Business Case for P-cards.
- Daly, J.L. and Buehner, M.A. (2003) P-Card Utilisation in Municipal Government: Advantages and Concepts. Journal of Public Procurement, Vol.3(1), pp. 75-94.
- Improvement and Development Agency. Purchasing cards. [online] Available at: www.idea.gov.uk/idk/core/page.do?pageId=82673 [Accessed 01 December 2011].
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Purchasing Cards and hundreds of other essential business management techniques