Purchase to Pay Process
The P2P is a process enabled by technology. It speeds up the process of purchasing from point of order to payment, and entails the full cycle of procurement. The concept has been designed to help business professionals to examine the benefits and limitations of this process, and to gain a basic understanding of the implementation processes.
Purchase to Pay Process Definition
Purchase to pay (P2P) is a "seamless process enabled by technology designed to speed up the process from point of order to payment" (CIPS Australia, 2006:20). The P2P cycle includes all the stages "from the initial identification of requirements, to the procurement/purchasing of the item, through the receipt of the goods ... to the payment of the supplier once the goods are received" (Monczka et al., 2009:42).
Purchase to Pay Process Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Purchase to Pay Process.
Purchase to Pay Process Strengths *
Purchase to Pay Process Weaknesses *
Examples of Purchase to Pay Process *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Purchase to Pay Process Implementation *
Success Factors of Purchase to Pay Process *
Measures of Purchase to Pay Process *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Purchase to Pay Process Videos *
Purchase to Pay Process Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Purchase to Pay Process Web Resources *
Purchase to Pay Process Print Resources *
Purchase to Pay Process References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bensaou, M. (1999) Portfolio of buyer-supplier relationships. Sloan Management Review, Vol. 40(4), pp. 35-44.
- BuyIt, IBM & CIPS (2002) Best Practice Guide: Measuring the Benefits. What to Measure and How to Measure it.
- BuyIT & CIPS (2006) Best Practice Guide. Selecting an e-Procurement Solution.
- Cameron, E. and Green, M. (2009) Making Sense of Change Management. 2nd ed. Kogan Page Ltd: London.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Purchase to Pay Process and hundreds of other essential business management techniques