The concept discusses some underlying principles that can determine the success or failure of a procurement function during a period of change. It also offers some case studies and best practice from a variety of industries.
Procurement Transformation Definition
Procurement transformation refers to a specific type of organisational change management which focuses on strategies to enable major and long-term improvements to procurement and supply management processes, activities and relationships (Day and Atkinson, 2004).
Procurement Transformation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Procurement Transformation.
Procurement Transformation Strengths *
Procurement Transformation Weaknesses *
Examples of Procurement Transformation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Procurement Transformation Implementation *
Success Factors of Procurement Transformation *
Measures of Procurement Transformation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Procurement Transformation Videos *
Procurement Transformation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Procurement Transformation Web Resources *
Procurement Transformation Print Resources *
Procurement Transformation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change, 5th ed. Pearson Education: Essex, UK.
- Cameron, E. and Green, M. (2009) Making Sense of Change Management, 2nd ed. Kogan Page Ltd: London.
- Day, M. and Atkinson, D.J. (2004) Large-scale Transitional Procurement Change in the Aerospace Industry. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Vol.10(6), pp. 257-268.
- Hughes, J., Brock, D. and Brown, S. (2011) Reframing Procurement’s Strategies, Priorities and Deliverables. Part 2: Accelerating Cost Down Initiatives - Unlocking the Missing 20%. DILForientering, Vol.48(June), pp.14-19.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Procurement Transformation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques