This concept will help professionals to better understand the methods and strategies for leveraging pricing power in their company’s daily operations. It is supported by industry examples, professional tools and additional resources.
Pricing Models Definition
Price is one of the key variables in the marketing mix. There are four general pricing approaches that companies use to set an appropriate price for their products and services: cost-based pricing, value-based pricing, value pricing and competition-based pricing (Kotler and Armstrong, 2009). The cost of production sets the lower limit while the upper limit is set by consumer perception about the product/service (McCarthy et al., 2001). Companies must also consider competitor prices to find the most suitable price, often between these two extremes (Cravens and Piercy, 2008).
Pricing Models Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Pricing Models.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Pricing Models *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Pricing Models *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Pricing Models videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Pricing Models web and print resources *
Pricing Models references (4 of up to 20) *
- BBC News (2009) Prius Tops Japan’s Car Sale Chart. [Online] Available at: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8136237.stm.
- Cravens, D.W. and Piercy, N. (2008) Strategic Marketing. McGraw Hill, US.
- Doyle, P. and Stern, P. (2006) Marketing Management and Strategy. FT Prentice Hall, US.
- Drummond, G., Enson, J. and Ashford, R. (2007) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann, US.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Pricing Models and hundreds of other essential business management techniques