This concept will help professionals to better understand the methods and strategies for leveraging pricing power in their company’s daily operations. It is supported by industry examples, professional tools and additional resources.
Pricing Models Definition
Price is one of the key variables in the marketing mix. There are four general pricing approaches that companies use to set an appropriate price for their products and services: cost-based pricing, value-based pricing, value pricing and competition-based pricing (Kotler and Armstrong, 2009). The cost of production sets the lower limit while the upper limit is set by consumer perception about the product/service (McCarthy et al., 2001). Companies must also consider competitor prices to find the most suitable price between these two extremes (Cravens and Piercy, 2008).
Pricing Models Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Pricing Models.
Pricing Models Strengths *
Pricing Models Weaknesses *
Examples of Pricing Models *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Pricing Models Implementation *
Success Factors of Pricing Models *
Measures of Pricing Models *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Pricing Models Videos *
Pricing Models Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Pricing Models Web Resources *
Pricing Models Print Resources *
Pricing Models References (4 of up to 20) *
- BBC News (2009) Prius Tops Japan’s Car Sale Chart. [Online] Available at: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8136237.stm.
- Cravens, D.W. and Piercy, N. (2008) Strategic Marketing. McGraw Hill, US.
- Doyle, P. and Stern, P. (2006) Marketing Management and Strategy. FT Prentice Hall, US.
- Drummond, G., Enson, J. and Ashford, R. (2007) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann, US.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Pricing Models and hundreds of other essential business management techniques