Positive Risk Management
Negative risks are clearly of great concern to organisations. However, it is increasingly recognised that the term “risk” is often too narrowly defined. Positive risk management is primarily concerned with identifying, assessing and managing potentially beneficial outcomes.
Positive Risk Management Definition
Risk is the probability that an event will occur with either negative or beneficial outcomes for a particular person or group of people. Positive risk management is primarily concerned with identifying, assessing and managing these potentially beneficial outcomes. However, some people relate positive risk management more with building an organisational culture where risk management is openly discussed and proactively managed by all stakeholders (Bisson, 2014; Thomas, 2015).
Positive Risk Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Positive Risk Management.
Positive Risk Management Strengths *
Positive Risk Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Positive Risk Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Positive Risk Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Positive Risk Management *
Measures of Positive Risk Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Positive Risk Management Videos *
Positive Risk Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Positive Risk Management Web Resources *
Positive Risk Management Print Resources *
Positive Risk Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bisson, C. (2014) Plan for Positive Risks, Project Management Institute [online], available at: https://www.pmi.org/learning/PM-Network/2014/plan-for-positive-risks.aspx
- Blome, C., Groetsch, V., Henke, M. and Tang, C. (2012) A Comparative Study of Financial and Operational Measures in the Automotive Industry, in O. Khan and G. Zsidisin (Eds.) Handbook of Supply Chain Risk Management, J. Ross Publishing, Florida.
- Burrow, J. and Fowler, A. (2015) Marketing (4th ed.), South-Western Cengage Learning, Boston, MA.
- Duval-Arnould, J., Mathews, S., Weeks, K., Colantuoni, E., Mukherjee, A., Nundy, S. et al. (2012) Using the Opportunity Estimator Tool to Improve Engagement in a Quality and Safety Intervention, The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, Vol. 38(1), pp. 1-48.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Positive Risk Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques