The concept identifies vital critical success factors of the Pareto Analysis and presents valuable advice on its implementation.
Pareto Analysis Definition
Pareto analysis is a statistical technique for prioritising problems based on those that occur most frequently. It is founded on the principle that 20 per cent of an organisation’s efforts generate 80 per cent of the returns (or that 80% of problems can be solved by focusing on 20% of the causes) (Crossley, 2008; Schoenfeldt, 2008).
Pareto Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Pareto Analysis.
Pareto Analysis Strengths *
Pareto Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Pareto Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Pareto Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Pareto Analysis *
Measures of Pareto Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Pareto Analysis Videos *
Pareto Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Pareto Analysis Web Resources *
Pareto Analysis Print Resources *
Pareto Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Burke, L. and Wilks, C. (2006) Management Accounting Decision Management. CIMA Publishing, Oxford, UK.
- Cervone, H.F. (2009) Using Pareto Analysis to Determine Task Importance Rankings. OCLC Systems & Services: International Digital Library Perspectives, Vol. 25(2), pp. 76-81.
- Crossley, M.L. (2008) The Desk Reference of Statistical Quality Methods. (2nd ed.) American Society for Quality, Quality Press, Milwaukee.
- DeFeo, J. and Ralston, J. (2008) Increasing the Percentage of Heart Failure Patients Who Receive Heart Failure Discharge Instruction. American Society for Quality, US.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Pareto Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques