This concepts describes the operational transfer of one or more business processes from an origin company to an external provider. It explains the potential benefits of outsourcing and also the many risks and drawbacks that all companies need to be aware of.
Outsourcing is distinguished from retaining work in-house, in that work is performed by independent parties who are not part of the firm’s employee base (Ellram et al., 2008).
Outsourcing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Outsourcing.
Outsourcing Strengths *
Outsourcing Weaknesses *
Examples of Outsourcing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Outsourcing Implementation *
Success Factors of Outsourcing *
Measures of Outsourcing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Outsourcing Videos *
Outsourcing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Outsourcing Web Resources *
Outsourcing Print Resources *
Outsourcing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Beebe, L. and Meyers, B. (1998) Outsourcing: Planning for Strategic Partnerships, The Sheridan Press, Hanover, PA.
- Bragg, S. M. (2006) Outsourcing: A Guide, John Wiley, New Jersey.
- Business Week (2005) Outsourcing Innovation, [Online], available at: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_12/b3925601.htm.
- Cooke, F. L. (2006) Outsourcing of Public Services and Implications for Managerial Knowledge and Careers, Journal of Management Development, Vol. 25 (3), pp. 269-84.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Outsourcing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques