Effective operations management is the cornerstone of most successful businesses. The concept details the core objectives of operations management and provides case study evidence that reinforces why it pays to invest time and resources in managing operations to the highest standards.
Operations Management Definition
Operations management focuses on how organisations produce goods and services efficiently and effectively. It concerns the improvement of business operations and the transformation process through which goods and services are created (Schermerhorn, 2011).
Operations Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Operations Management.
Operations Management Strengths *
Operations Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Operations Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Operations Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Operations Management *
Measures of Operations Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Operations Management Videos *
Operations Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Operations Management Web Resources *
Operations Management Print Resources *
Operations Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Antony, J. and Banuelas, R. (2002) Key Ingredients for the Effective Implementation of Six Sigma Program, Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 6 (4), pp. 20-27.
- Billington, C., Callioni, G., Crane, B., Ruark, J. D., Rapp, J. U., White, T. and Willems, S. P. (2004) Accelerating the Profitability of Hewlett-Packard's Supply Chains, Interfaces, Vol. 34 (1), pp. 59-72.
- Coronado, R. B. and Antony, J. (2002) Critical Success Factors for the Successful Implementation of Six Sigma Projects in Organisations, The TQM Magazine, Vol. 14 (2), pp. 92-99.
- Costanzo, C. (2002) Celebrated Six Sigma Has its Critics, Too, American Banker, Vol. 167 pp. 1-2.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Operations Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques