Offshoring requires an awareness of cultural and legal differences and the risks associated with outsourcing in general. The concept will help business professionals to better understand this practice, its benefits and capabilities. It also offers some practical guidance and critical success factors.
Offshoring is the practice of relocating business activities, including jobs, to a location outside the home country of operation (Garner, 2004; Jagersma and van Gorp, 2007).
Offshoring Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Offshoring.
Offshoring Strengths *
Offshoring Weaknesses *
Examples of Offshoring *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Offshoring Implementation *
Success Factors of Offshoring *
Measures of Offshoring *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Offshoring Videos *
Offshoring Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Offshoring Web Resources *
Offshoring Print Resources *
Offshoring References (4 of up to 20) *
- Berry, J. (2006) Offshoring Opportunities. Wiley, New Jersey.
- Cooke, F.L. and Budhwar, P. (2009) HR Offshoring and Outsourcing: Research Issues for IHRM. In P. Sparrow (Ed.), Handbook of International Human Resource Management: Integrating People, Process and Context. John Wiley: Chichester, UK.
- Garner, C.A. (2004) Offshoring in the Service Sector: Economic Impact and Policy Issues, Economic Review, Vol. 89(3), pp. 5-37.
- Jagersma, K.P. and van Gorp, D.M. (2007) Redefining the Paradigm of Global Competition: Offshoring of Service Firms. Business Strategy Series, Vol. 8(1), p. 35.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Offshoring and hundreds of other essential business management techniques