Niche vs. Mass Marketing
This concept compares niche and mass marketing strategies and discusses different methods of applying these marketing strategies.
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Definition
Mass Marketing (undifferentiated marketing) is a market coverage technique that does not distinguish or recognise any substantial differences between customer segments and usually offers a generic/holistic marketing approach. It is a broad-brush attempt to appeal to the entire marketplace with one basic marketing (single marketing mix) strategy by utilising mass distribution and mass promotion. In contrast, niche market strategies focus on specific market segments (Brassington and Pettitt, 2003).
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Niche vs. Mass Marketing.
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Strengths *
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Niche vs. Mass Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Niche vs. Mass Marketing *
Measures of Niche vs. Mass Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Videos *
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Web Resources *
Niche vs. Mass Marketing Print Resources *
Niche vs. Mass Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Brassington, F. and Pettitt, S. (2003) Principles of Marketing. Educational Technology Publications Inc, US.
- Brynjolfsson, E., Hu, Y. and Smith, M.D. (2006) From Niches to Riches: The Anatomy of the Long Tail. Sloan Management Review, Vol. 47(4), pp. 67-71.
- Dibb, S., Simkin, L., Pride, W. M. and Ferrell, O.C. (2005) Marketing Concepts and Strategies. Houghton Miffin, US.
- Dyer, D., Dalzell, F. and Olegario, R. (2004) Rising Tide: Lessons From 165 Years of Brand Building at Proctor and Gamble. Harvard Business Press, US.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Niche vs. Mass Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques