New Product Development
New Product Development Definition
New product development consists of the activities of the firm that lead to a stream of new or changed product market offerings over time. This includes the generation of opportunities, their selection and transformation into manufactured products and services offered to customers, and the institutionalisation of improvements in the new product development activities themselves (Loch & Kavadias, 2008).
New Product Development Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about New Product Development.
New Product Development Strengths *
New Product Development Weaknesses *
Examples of New Product Development *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
New Product Development Implementation *
Success Factors of New Product Development *
Measures of New Product Development *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
New Product Development Videos *
New Product Development Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
New Product Development Web Resources *
New Product Development Print Resources *
New Product Development References (4 of up to 20) *
- Agarwal, B. B. and Tayal, S. P. (2007) Software Engineering, LAXMI Publications, New Delhi.
- Baskerville, R. and Pries-Heje, J. (2004) Short Cycle Time Systems Development, Information Systems Journal, Vol. 14 pp. 237-64.
- Choi, S. H. and Chan, A. M. M. (2004) A Virtual Prototyping System for Rapid Product Development, Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 36 pp. 401-12.
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on New Product Development and hundreds of other essential business management techniques