Narrowcasting is an important technique in broadcasting and advertising. The concept uses illustrative case studies from across different industries to explain how narrowcasting can be used to target niche audiences to increase sales and build brand loyalty.
Narrowcasting involves targeting media messages at specific segments of the public defined by values, preferences or demographic attributes. Narrowcasting is based on the idea that mass audiences do not exist and such an approach is focused on a specific (narrow) topic, whereas broadcasting has a wider coverage of broad topics (Gonçalves, 2011, p. 10).
Narrowcasting Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Narrowcasting.
Narrowcasting Strengths *
Narrowcasting Weaknesses *
Examples of Narrowcasting *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Narrowcasting Implementation *
Success Factors of Narrowcasting *
Measures of Narrowcasting *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Narrowcasting Videos *
Narrowcasting Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Narrowcasting Web Resources *
Narrowcasting Print Resources *
Narrowcasting References (4 of up to 20) *
- Andrews, M. and Whittaker, J. A. (2006) How to Break Web Software, Pearson Education, Boston, MA.
- Dowling, M., Lechner, C. and Thielmann, B. (1998) Convergence–innovation and Change of Market Structures Between Television and Online Services, Electronic Markets, Vol. 8 (4), pp. 31-35.
- Gonçalves, J. (2011) Groupster: Narrowcasting on Social Networking Sites, Universidade da Madeira, Funchal, Portugal.
- Hindle, T. (2008) The Economist Guide to Management Ideas and Gurus, The Economist, Profile Books.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Narrowcasting and hundreds of other essential business management techniques