Multi-Channel Distribution Systems
Multi-channel distribution systems are an important strategic issue in marketing and e-Business. Strengths and drawbacks of using multi-channel distribution systems are provided alongside, how to implement these systems, and various measures and ways to maximise success.
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Definition
A multi-channel distribution system is a system in which a single firm sets up two or more marketing channels to reach one or more customer segments. It is also called a hybrid distribution system (Teltzrow et al., 2003).
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Multi-Channel Distribution Systems.
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Strengths *
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Weaknesses *
Examples of Multi-Channel Distribution Systems *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Implementation *
Success Factors of Multi-Channel Distribution Systems *
Measures of Multi-Channel Distribution Systems *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Videos *
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Web Resources *
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems Print Resources *
Multi-Channel Distribution Systems References (4 of up to 20) *
- Agatz, N., Feischmann, M. and van Nunen, J. (2006) E-Fulfilment and Multi-Channel Distribution. A Review. ERIM Report Series Research in Management, August.
- Boyaci, T. (2005) Competitive Stocking and Coordination in a Multiple-Channel Distribution System. IIE Transaction, May 2005, [online] Available at: (http://www.researchgate.net/publication/239393470_Competitive_stocking_and_coordination_in_a_multichannel_distribution_system) [Accessed 12 October 20
- Bovensiepen, G., Schögel, M. and Rumpff, S. (2007) Success Through Diversity. [Online] Available at: (pwcplus.pwc.de/fileserver/EmbeddedItem/PwC-Survey_Multi-Channel Management_Management Summary_EN.pdf?docId=e5e4194c4a32ef1&componentName=pubDownload_hd) [Accessed 12 May 2012].
- Cote, B. (2011) 5 Best Practices for Multichannel Campaign Success. Fifth Gear. [Online]. Available at: (fifthgearanalytics.com/2011/06/5-best-practices-for-multichannel-campaign-success/) [Accessed 12 May 2012].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Multi-Channel Distribution Systems and hundreds of other essential business management techniques