Market research is a widely used tool for discovering opportunities in the market. Consider strengths, weaknesses and success factors and learn how to aid marketing decision-making with a five-step implementation plan.
Marketing Research Definition
Marketing research provides commercial and non-commercial organisations with information to aid in marketing decision-making. The information is externally focused, concentrating on customers, markets and competitors. (Wilson, 2006). The processing of information is the main function of marketing research. It is used to identify and define marketing opportunities and problems, to generate, refine and evaluate marketing actions, monitor marketing performance and to improve understanding of marketing processes (Kotler & Armstrong, 2009).
Marketing Research Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Marketing Research.
Marketing Research Strengths *
Marketing Research Weaknesses *
Examples of Marketing Research *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Marketing Research Implementation *
Success Factors of Marketing Research *
Measures of Marketing Research *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Marketing Research Videos *
Marketing Research Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Marketing Research Web Resources *
Marketing Research Print Resources *
Marketing Research References (4 of up to 20) *
- Arthur, C. (2011) Apple to Release Cheaper iPhone 4 Within Weeks: The Guardian, Aug, 24: [online] Available at: (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/aug/24/apple-cheaper-iphone-4?INTCMP=SRCH). [Accessed 4 November 2015].
- BBC News (2010) Curry’s Sales Boosted By TVs and iPads, Sept 2 [online] Available at: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11161850). [Accessed 4 November 2015].
- Bradley, N. (2010) Marketing Research: Tools and Techniques, 2nd ed., Oxford University Press.
- Evans, G. (2011) Morrison Reports 8% Profits Rise, The Independent, Sept 8 [online] Available at: (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/morrisons-reports-8-profits-rise-2351155.html). [Accessed April 2015].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Marketing Research and hundreds of other essential business management techniques