The concept describes different ways and strategies to achieve market penetration, such as cutting prices, increasing advertising, obtaining better store or shelf positions for products, and innovative distribution tactics.
Market Penetration Definition
Market penetration is a low pricing strategy adopted by companies for new and existing products to a attract larger number of buyers and a larger market share (Kotler and Armstrong, 2009). This strategy increases the product sales in the company's present markets through an aggressive marketing mix. It is usually introduced to: increase the rate of product/service usage; encourage repeat purchases; attract consumers away from competitors; or attract current non-users (Drummond et al., 2008).
Market Penetration Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Market Penetration.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Market Penetration *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Market Penetration *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Market Penetration videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Market Penetration web and print resources *
Market Penetration references (4 of up to 20) *
- Cravens D.W. and Piercy, N. (2008) Strategic Marketing. (9th Ed.) McGraw Hill, US.
- Drummond, G., Enson, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. (3rd Ed.) Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Evans, G. (2011) Morrison Reports 8% Profits Rise. The Independent. [Online] Available at: www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/morrisons-reports-8-profits-rise-2351155.html
- Ho, V. (2009) China’s Telecom Market to Surpass Japan by 2014. [Online] Available at: www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/jul2009/gb20090727_871995.htm
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Market Penetration and hundreds of other essential business management techniques