Locus of Control
Locus of control has been applied to learning theory, leadership and organisational behaviour and entrepreneurship. Implementation steps for improving positive work behaviours and performance are presented alongside business evidence and success factors.
Locus of Control Definition
'Internal versus external control refers to the degree to which persons expect that a reinforcement or an outcome of their behaviour will be contingent on their own behaviour or personal characteristics versus the degree to which persons expect that the reinforcement or outcome is a function of chance, luck, or fate (which is under the control of powerful others or is simply unpredictable)' (Rotter, 1966).
Locus of Control Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Locus of Control.
Locus of Control Strengths *
Locus of Control Weaknesses *
Examples of Locus of Control *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Locus of Control Implementation *
Success Factors of Locus of Control *
Measures of Locus of Control *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Locus of Control Videos *
Locus of Control Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Locus of Control Web Resources *
Locus of Control Print Resources *
Locus of Control References (4 of up to 20) *
- Blau, G. (1993) Testing the relationship of locus of control to different performance dimensions. Journal of Occupational and Organizational psychology, Vol. 66(2), pp.125-138.
- Chebat, J.C., Zuccaro, C. & Filiatrault, P. (1992) Locus of control as a moderator variable for the attribution and learning processes of marketing, Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.132(5), pp.597-608.
- Coombs, W. N. & Schroeder, H. E. (1988) Generalized locus of control: an analysis of factor Analytic Data, Personality and Individual Difference, Vol. 9(1), pp.79- 85.
- Dollinger, S. J. (2000) Locus of Control and Incidental Learning: An application to College Student Success, College Student Journal, Vol.34(4), pp.537-540.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Locus of Control and hundreds of other essential business management techniques