Lifecycle System Approach
The Lifecycle System Approach is based on the assertion that products have a limited life, pass through distinct stages and require different marketing, financial, manufacturing, purchasing, and human resource strategies for each stage. The concept provides an overview of this approach and its main benefits and capabilities.
Lifecycle System Approach Definition
Lifecycle system approach refers to a strategic focus on product lifecycle activities and costs, including R&D and disposal or recycling of products, and the total management of these issues within supply chains, such as reducing risks and sourcing in an ethical, socially responsible and sustainable way (Beamon, 1999; Fandel and Stammen, 2004; Seuring, 2004).
Lifecycle System Approach Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Lifecycle System Approach.
Lifecycle System Approach Strengths *
Lifecycle System Approach Weaknesses *
Examples of Lifecycle System Approach *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Lifecycle System Approach Implementation *
Success Factors of Lifecycle System Approach *
Measures of Lifecycle System Approach *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Lifecycle System Approach Videos *
Lifecycle System Approach Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Lifecycle System Approach Web Resources *
Lifecycle System Approach Print Resources *
Lifecycle System Approach References (4 of up to 20) *
- Beamon, B.A. (1999) Designing the Green Supply Chain. Logistics Information Management, Vol. 12(4), pp. 332-42.
- Burch, J. (1994) Cost and Management Accounting. West Publishing, Minnesota.
- CIPS (2007) Effective CSR Implementation. CIPS, Lincolnshire.
- CIPS (2008a) Risk Management in Food Supply Chains. CIPS (with Cranfield University), UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Lifecycle System Approach and hundreds of other essential business management techniques