The learning organisation is an organisation characterised by a deep commitment to learning and education with the intention of continuous improvement. This concept reviews several theories relating to the learning organisation, including some criticism. Also, it examines some evidence on how learning organisations operate.
Learning Organisation Definition
Learning organisations facilitate collective learning in order to continually improve the capacity to respond to changing demands in the environment. This permeates all organisational activities, structures, processes, climate and values, leading to an enhanced ability to react quickly to opportunities and threats (Probst and Buchel, 1997; Wang and Ahmed, 2003).
Learning Organisation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Learning Organisation.
Learning Organisation Strengths *
Learning Organisation Weaknesses *
Examples of Learning Organisation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Learning Organisation Implementation *
Success Factors of Learning Organisation *
Measures of Learning Organisation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Learning Organisation Videos *
Learning Organisation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Learning Organisation Web Resources *
Learning Organisation Print Resources *
Learning Organisation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Argyris, C. and Schon, D. (1978) Organizational Learning: A Theory of Action Perspective. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change. (5th Ed.) Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Carneiro, A. (2000) How Does Knowledge Management Influence Innovation and Competitiveness? Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 4(2), pp. 87-98.
- Cummings, T.G. and Worley, C.G. (2009) Organization Development and Change. Cengage Learning, Mason, OH.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Learning Organisation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques