Key Performance Indicators
Too often organisations combine other performance measures with that of KPIs, which can lead to difficulties in managing performance and tracking success. Practical implementation steps and case evidence provided helps leaders to focus on quality KPI’s that directly measure the areas needed in order to achieve success.
Key Performance Indicators Definition
Key performance indicators (KPIs) are agreed upon performance metrics designed to give managers and employees oversight of whether people are on track to meet targets and goals. In addition to end goals and results, KPIs provide a tool for defining what success looks like over an extended period of time. Multiple KPIs are often deployed simultaneously to provide a rounded picture of performance at individual and team levels (Ax et al., 2009; Kennerey & Neely, 2003).
Key Performance Indicators Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Key Performance Indicators.
Key Performance Indicators Strengths *
Key Performance Indicators Weaknesses *
Examples of Key Performance Indicators *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Key Performance Indicators Implementation *
Success Factors of Key Performance Indicators *
Measures of Key Performance Indicators *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Key Performance Indicators Videos *
Key Performance Indicators Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Key Performance Indicators Web Resources *
Key Performance Indicators Print Resources *
Key Performance Indicators References (4 of up to 20) *
- Ax, C., Johansson, C. & Kullvén, H. (2009) Den Nya Ekonomistyrningen (3rd ed.), Malmö: Liber Ekonomi.
- Catasús, B., Gröjer, J-E., Högberg, O. & Johrén, A. (2008) Boken Om Nyckeltal (2nd ed.), Stockholm: Nyckeltalsinstitutet.
- Cisco (2006) Cisco and Citizenship: Key Performance Indicator: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac227/ac222/citizenship/key_performance_indicators/index.html.
- Falck, M. & Karlsson, M. (2011) Key Performance Indicators: The Key to Success? A Study of How KPIs Are Used at Intersport. Jonkoping International Business School: Jonkoping University. HEFSE (2011) Performance Indicators in Higher Education: http://www.hefce.ac.uk/learning/per
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Key Performance Indicators and hundreds of other essential business management techniques