The concept presents the history of intrapreneurship which dates from 1985 and reviews its two main approaches, along with implementation steps and success factors.
Intrapreneurship is the process by which an individual or a group of employees within an existing organisation create a new venture or instigate change or innovation (Toftoy and Chatterjee, 2004).
Intrapreneurship Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Intrapreneurship.
Intrapreneurship Strengths *
Intrapreneurship Weaknesses *
Examples of Intrapreneurship *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Intrapreneurship Implementation *
Success Factors of Intrapreneurship *
Measures of Intrapreneurship *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Intrapreneurship Videos *
Intrapreneurship Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Intrapreneurship Web Resources *
Intrapreneurship Print Resources *
Intrapreneurship References (4 of up to 20) *
- Antoncic, B. and Hisrich, R.D. (2001) Intrapreneurship: Construct Refinement and Cross-cultural Validation. Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 16, pp. 495-527.
- Bornstein, D. and Davis, S. (2010) Social Entrepreneurship: What Everyone Needs To Know. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Carrier, C. (1996) Intrapreneurship in Small Businesses: An Exploratory Study. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 21, pp. 5-21, Fall.
- Christensen, K.S. (2005) Enabling Intrapreneurship: The Case of a Knowledge-intensive Industrial Company. European Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. 8(3), pp. 305-22.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Intrapreneurship and hundreds of other essential business management techniques