The concept determines the critical factors of innovation management. It reviews the managerial practices of successful innovators and summarises the strengths and limitations of innovative approaches.
Innovation Management Definition
Innovation management is the active organisation, control and execution of processes, activities, and policies that lead to the "creation of substantial new value for customers and the firm by creatively changing one or more dimensions of the business system" (Sawhney et al., 2006).
Innovation Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Innovation Management.
Innovation Management Strengths *
Innovation Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Innovation Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Innovation Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Innovation Management *
Measures of Innovation Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Innovation Management Videos *
Innovation Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Innovation Management Web Resources *
Innovation Management Print Resources *
Innovation Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Abbott, C., Jeong, K.S. and Allen, S. (2006) The Economic Motivation for Innovation in Small Construction Companies. Construction Innovation: Information, Process, Management, Vol. 6(3), pp. 187-196.
- Adams, R., Bessant, J. and Phelps, R. (2006) Innovation Management Measurement: A Review. International Journal of Management Reviews, Vol. 8(1), pp. 21-47.
- Afuah, A. (2003) Innovation Management. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Bessant, J. (2003) Challenges in Innovation Management. In Larisa V. Shavinina (Ed.), The International Handbook of Innovation, Elsevier Science Ltd.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Innovation Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques