The innovation diamond concept explains the four cornerstones of innovation for building competitive advantage. The concept uses cutting-edge research and case studies to show how companies can stay ahead of the innovation curve and outlines the critical success factors and measures needed to implement the innovation diamond.
Innovation Diamond Definition
The innovation diamond is an innovation model based on four key areas of best practice: product innovation and technology strategy; portfolio management (strategic and tactical); idea-to-launch new product development process; and the right climate and culture for innovation (Cooper, 2005; Cooper & Mills, 2005).
Innovation Diamond Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Innovation Diamond.
Innovation Diamond Strengths *
Innovation Diamond Weaknesses *
Examples of Innovation Diamond *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Innovation Diamond Implementation *
Success Factors of Innovation Diamond *
Measures of Innovation Diamond *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Innovation Diamond Videos *
Innovation Diamond Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Innovation Diamond Web Resources *
Innovation Diamond Print Resources *
Innovation Diamond References (4 of up to 20) *
- Anthony, S. D. (2012) The New Corporate Garage, Harvard Business Review, September.
- Barney, J. B. (1991) Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage, Journal of Management, Vol. 17 (1), pp. 99-120.
- BCG (2007) Measuring Innovation 2007: A BCG Senior Management Survey, [Online], available at: http://www.bcg.com/documents/file15066.pdf.
- Chesbrough, H. W. and Garman, A. R. (2009) How Open Innovation Can Help You Cope in Lean Times, Harvard Business Review, December.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Innovation Diamond and hundreds of other essential business management techniques