Information Database Marketing
Information databases can be used for a range of purposes, including accounting, planning, banking, manufacturing, or marketing. The concept describes an information database from the marketing perspective, and provides a description, business uses, and other tools that can assist professionals and managers to better understand it.
Information Database Marketing Definition
Information database (IDB) is a collection of records or data that is stored in a computer or information system and is used to create and sustain information. In Marketing and sales IDB stored data on a range of marketing activities (O'Brien et al., 1995). An IDB relies on a database management systems (DBMS) software to organise, store and retrieve data. DBMS are categorised according to the database model that they support. The model, in turn, determines the type of information to be retrieved (Dutta and Mia, 2011).
Information Database Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Information Database Marketing.
Information Database Marketing Strengths *
Information Database Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Information Database Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Information Database Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Information Database Marketing *
Measures of Information Database Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Information Database Marketing Videos *
Information Database Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Information Database Marketing Web Resources *
Information Database Marketing Print Resources *
Information Database Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Adams, D. (2004) How CRM Can Change Your Organisation. The Guardian. [Online], Available at:(www.guardian.co.uk/society/2004/jan/30/1?INTCMP=SRCH) [Accessed 06 December 2012].
- Anderson, K. and Kerr, C. (2001) Customer Relationship Management. McGraw Hill Professional.
- Columbus, L. (2012) Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Social CRM and the Social Enterprise. Forbes. [Online] Available at: (www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2012/10/02/gartners-magic-quadrant-for-social-crm-and-the-social-enterprise/) [Accessed 06 December 2012].
- Curry, J. and Curry, A. (2000) The Customer Marketing Method: How to Implement and Profit from Customer Relationship Management. Simon and Schuster.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Information Database Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques