Hierarchy of Needs
The main aim of the concept is to help managers and decision-makers understand the hierarchy of needs to aid their employee engagement and marketing strategies. The concept explains the five hierarchical levels of the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, stressing the core benefits, implementation steps, and measures.
Hierarchy of Needs Definition
The Hierarchy of Needs is a theory of personality and motivation which proposes that humans are motivated to fulfil basic immediate needs before satisfying higher-order ones (Buchanan and Huczynski, 2004).
Hierarchy of Needs Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Hierarchy of Needs.
Hierarchy of Needs Strengths *
Hierarchy of Needs Weaknesses *
Examples of Hierarchy of Needs *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Hierarchy of Needs Implementation *
Success Factors of Hierarchy of Needs *
Measures of Hierarchy of Needs *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Hierarchy of Needs Videos *
Hierarchy of Needs Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Hierarchy of Needs Web Resources *
Hierarchy of Needs Print Resources *
Hierarchy of Needs References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aguinis, H. and Kraiger, K. (2009) Benefits of Training and Development for Individuals and Teams, Organizations, and Society. Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 60, pp. 451-74.
- Air, W.J. (1994) Serving the Customer Means Meeting a Hierarchy of Needs. Conditioning Heating, Refrigeration News, Vol. 191(9), pp. 22-23.
- Benson, S.G. and Dundis, S.P. (2003) Understanding and Motivating Health Care Employees: Integrating Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, Training and Technology. Journal of Nursing Management, Vol. 11, pp. 315-20.
- BMW Group (2008) BMW Case Study: Indepth Discussion. [Online] Available at: www.slideshare.net/BenKilmer/bmw-case-study-1995609.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Hierarchy of Needs and hundreds of other essential business management techniques