Guerrilla marketing refers to unconventional low budget marketing strategies that help to achieve more significant effects than traditional campaigns. The concept introduces the term and explores the characteristics, strengths and success factors of this marketing approach.
Guerrilla Marketing Definition
Guerrilla marketing refers to unconventional marketing tactics (mainly oriented to promotion) used when financial or other resources are limited or non-existent. The term typically describes opportunistic strategies based on surprise, humour and the use of existing established marketing campaigns as platforms to achieve high-impact, media tactics and effective marketing campaigns at minimal cost (Baltes and Liebing, 2008).
Guerrilla Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Guerrilla Marketing.
Guerrilla Marketing Strengths *
Guerrilla Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Guerrilla Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Guerrilla Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Guerrilla Marketing *
Measures of Guerrilla Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Guerrilla Marketing Videos *
Guerrilla Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Guerrilla Marketing Web Resources *
Guerrilla Marketing Print Resources *
Guerrilla Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Atik, D. and Yardakul, D. (2009) Guerrilla Marketing in SMEs. A Case Study of the Astonishing Succes of the Oil Company. In: Katrinli, A. (Ed.) International Entrepreneurship Congress 2009. SMEs and Entrepreneurship, Izmir University of Economics, Publication No. 038. pp. 33 - 38.
- Baltes, G. and Leibing, I. (2008) Guerrilla Marketing for Information Services? New library World, Vol. 109(1/2), pp. 46–55.
- Bresciani, S. and Eppler, M. (2010) Brand new ventures? Insights on start-ups’ Branding Practices. Journal of Product and Brand Management Vol. 19(5), pp. 356–366.
- Brisbane Times (2010) Big Tobacco Hired Public Relations Firm to Lobby Government. [Online] Available at: www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/big-tobacco-hired-public-relations-firm-to-lobby-government-20100911-155bn.html
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Guerrilla Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques