Group dynamics can be used as a means for problem-solving, team work, and to become more innovative and productive as an organisation as whole. The concept will provide you with the strengths, success factors and measures of group dynamics, along with other professional tools.
Group Dynamics Definition
Group dynamics is a set of behavioural and psychological processes that occur within a social group or between groups. It refers to the "nature of groups, the laws of their development, and their interrelations with individuals, other groups, and larger institutions" (Cartwright and Zander, 1968).
Group Dynamics Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Group Dynamics.
Group Dynamics Strengths *
Group Dynamics Weaknesses *
Examples of Group Dynamics *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Group Dynamics Implementation *
Success Factors of Group Dynamics *
Measures of Group Dynamics *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Group Dynamics Videos *
Group Dynamics Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Group Dynamics Web Resources *
Group Dynamics Print Resources *
Group Dynamics References (4 of up to 20) *
- Anderson, J. and Carter, R.W. (Eds.) (2003) Diversity Perspectives for Social Work Practice: Constructivism and the Constructivist Framework. New York: Pearson Allyn and Bacon.
- Benson, J. (2000) Working More Creatively with Groups. London: Routledge.
- Birmingham, C. and McCord, M. (2004) Group Process Research: Implications for Using Learning Groups. In L.K. Michaelsen, A.B. Knight, and L.D. Fink (Eds.), Team-based Learning: A Transformative Use of Small Groups in College Teaching, Sterling, VA: Stylus, pp. 73–93.
- Byrd, J.T. and Luthy, M.R. (2010) Improving Group Dynamics: Creating a Team Charter. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, Vol. 14(1), pp. 13-26.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Group Dynamics and hundreds of other essential business management techniques