The need to understand glocalisation has never been more important. The concept explains how businesses expanding into foreign markets need to adapt their marketing activities to suit local consumer trends and preferences if they are to compete against local rivals.
Glocalisation describes the phenomenon whereby “in order to produce goods for a market of diverse consumers, it is necessary for any producer…to adapt his/her product in some way to particular features of the envisaged set of consumers” in a foreign market (Robertson & White, 2007). The term is a portmanteau concept that combines “globalisation” and “localisation”.
Glocalisation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Glocalisation.
Glocalisation Strengths *
Glocalisation Weaknesses *
Examples of Glocalisation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Glocalisation Implementation *
Success Factors of Glocalisation *
Measures of Glocalisation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Glocalisation Videos *
Glocalisation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Glocalisation Web Resources *
Glocalisation Print Resources *
Glocalisation References (4 of up to 20) *
- BCG (2007) Measuring Innovation 2007: A BCG Senior Management Survey, [Online], available at: http://www.bcg.com/documents/file15066.pdf.
- Bell, D. E. and Shelman, M. L. (2011) KFC's Radical Approach to China, Harvard Business Review, November.
- Govindarajan, V. (2012) A Reverse-Innovation Playbook, Harvard Business Review, April.
- Halibozek, E. P. and Kovacich, G. L. (2005) Mergers and Acquisitions Security, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Glocalisation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques