The concept explains how the world's leading companies are built on global strategies. It describes the components of global strategy and provides examples of cases of companies that have developed successful global strategies and sustained competitive advantages in developed and emerging markets.
Global Strategy Definition
Global strategy covers three macro areas of strategy: global, multinational and international strategies. These areas typically refer to those strategies designed to enable an organisation to achieve its objectives of foreign market penetration and international expansion (Lynch, 2006).
Global Strategy Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Global Strategy.
Global Strategy Strengths *
Global Strategy Weaknesses *
Examples of Global Strategy *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Global Strategy Implementation *
Success Factors of Global Strategy *
Measures of Global Strategy *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Global Strategy Videos *
Global Strategy Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Global Strategy Web Resources *
Global Strategy Print Resources *
Global Strategy References (4 of up to 20) *
- Baaij, M. G., Mom, T. J. M., van Den Bosch, F. A. J. and Volberda, H. W. (2011) Should Top Management Relocate Across National Borders?, MIT Sloan Management Review, December.
- BCG (2007) Measuring Innovation 2007: A BCG Senior Management Survey, [Online], available at: http://www.bcg.com/documents/file15066.pdf.
- Brannen, M. Y. and Voisey, C. J. (2012) Global Strategy Formulation and Learning from the Field: Three Modes of Comparative Learning and a Case Illustration, Global Strategy Journal, Vol. 2 (1), pp. 51-70.
- Corstjens, M. and Lal, R. (2012) Retail Doesn’t Cross Borders: Here’s Why and What to Do About It, Harvard Business Review, April.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Global Strategy and hundreds of other essential business management techniques