Global procurement became a way for organisations to meet the challenges of new markets and global competitors. The concept discusses strategies for global procurement management and their strengths and weaknesses. It also reviews recent business evidence and success factors to help practitioners make better and more informed decisions.
Global Procurement Definition
Global procurement involves the co-ordination and integration of a highly complex network of common items and materials, processes, designs, technologies and suppliers across worldwide purchasing, engineering and operation locations (Lysons and Farrington, 2006).
Global Procurement Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Global Procurement.
Global Procurement Strengths *
Global Procurement Weaknesses *
Examples of Global Procurement *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Global Procurement Implementation *
Success Factors of Global Procurement *
Measures of Global Procurement *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Global Procurement Videos *
Global Procurement Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Global Procurement Web Resources *
Global Procurement Print Resources *
Global Procurement References (4 of up to 20) *
- Hong, E. and Holweg, M. (2005) Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of global sourcing strategies: A conceptual note. BNet. CBS Interactive Business Network. Available at: jobfunctions.bnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=165276 [Accessed 24 October 2011].
- Financial Times (2010) Getting food to victims of disaster: Supply chain management in a crisis. October 14th.
- Leenders, M.R., Fearon, H.E., Flynn, A.E., and Johnson, P.F. (2002) Purchasing and supply management. 12th ed. McGraw-Hill Irwin: Boston, MA.
- Lysons, K. and Farrington, B. (2006) Purchasing and supply chain management, 7th ed. FT/Prentice Hall: Harlow.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Global Procurement and hundreds of other essential business management techniques