Future Supply Chains
The future supply chain vision encompasses concepts for infrastructure sharing that go beyond common practices. This concept reviews the current state of supply chains and presents a conceptual approach that illustrates how the likelihood of change in the future.
Future Supply Chains Definition
Supply chains of the future can be characterised by the three major traits: (1) they are strategic; (2) they are dynamic; and (3) they are customer-driven (Melnyk et al., 2006).
Future Supply Chains Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Future Supply Chains.
Future Supply Chains Strengths *
Future Supply Chains Weaknesses *
Examples of Future Supply Chains *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Future Supply Chains Implementation *
Success Factors of Future Supply Chains *
Measures of Future Supply Chains *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Future Supply Chains Videos *
Future Supply Chains Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Future Supply Chains Web Resources *
Future Supply Chains Print Resources *
Future Supply Chains References (4 of up to 20) *
- Hales, M., Perrilliat, P. and Bhardwaj, N. (2011) Key Supplier Collaboration: New Way to Drive Value. Supply Chain Management Review, July/August, pp. 50-51.
- Hoppe, R. (1999) Outlining a Future of Supply Chain Management - Coordinated Supply Networks. [Online] Available at: web.mit.edu/supplychain/repository/network_hoppe.pdf [Accessed: 8 February 2012].
- IBM Institute for Business Value (2010) The Smarter Supply Chain of the Future. [Online] Available at: public.dhe.ibm.com/common/ssi/ecm/en/gbe03163usen/GBE03163USEN.PDF [Accessed: 8 February 2012].
- Malik, Y., Niemeyer, A. and Ruwadi, B. (2011) Building the Supply Chain of the Future. McKinsey Quarterly. January.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Future Supply Chains and hundreds of other essential business management techniques