The concept has been created to help practitioners learn how to explore and analyse their firm’s data and understand its forecasting performance. It introduces the fundamentals of forecasting methods and processes, and summarises its strengths, success factors and performance measurements.
Forecasting methods encompass techniques employed to systematically analyse data and information in an attempt to predict future patterns, trends or performance (Lysons and Farrington, 2006).
Forecasting Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Forecasting.
Forecasting Strengths *
Forecasting Weaknesses *
Examples of Forecasting *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Forecasting Implementation *
Success Factors of Forecasting *
Measures of Forecasting *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Forecasting Videos *
Forecasting Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Forecasting Web Resources *
Forecasting Print Resources *
Forecasting References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bixby, A., Downs, B. and Self, M. (2006) A Scheduling and Capable-to-promise Application for Swift & Company. Interfaces, Vol. 36(1), pp. 69-86.
- Boyer, K. and Verma, R. (2010) Operations and Supply Chain Management for the 21st Century. Cengage: Mason, OH.
- CIPS: Demand planning.
- Davis, T. (1993) Effective Supply Chain Management. Sloan Management Review, Summer, pp. 35-45.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Forecasting and hundreds of other essential business management techniques