Financial Statement Analysis
The concept reviews the process of evaluating and analysing company financial statements and provides you with an understanding of how to assess the financial health of the company and enable more effective decision-making.
Financial Statement Analysis Definition
Financial statement analysis, or financial analysis, involves the attempt to understand the performance outcomes and risk of a firm, sub-unit or a project, through the study of financial reports (Brealey and Myers, 1996).
Financial Statement Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Financial Statement Analysis.
Financial Statement Analysis Strengths *
Financial Statement Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Financial Statement Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Financial Statement Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Financial Statement Analysis *
Measures of Financial Statement Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Financial Statement Analysis Videos *
Financial Statement Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Financial Statement Analysis Web Resources *
Financial Statement Analysis Print Resources *
Financial Statement Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Beaver, W.H. (1966) Financial Ratios and Predictors of Failure. Empirical Research in Accounting: Selected Studies, supplement to Journal of Accounting Research, pp. 77-111.
- Brealey, R.A. and Myers, S.C. (1996) Principles of Corporate Finance. (Fifth Ed.) McGraw-Hill.
- Deakin, E.B. (1976) Distributions of Financial Accounting Ratios:Some Empirical Evidence. The Accounting Review, pp. 90-96, January.
- Eversull, E.E. and Rotan, B.L. (1997). Rural Business-Cooperative Service. U.S. Department of Agriculture FIBS Research Report 154. March.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Financial Statement Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques