Exit strategies and contract escape clauses are particularly relevant for those dealing with outsourcing and subcontracting. The concept reviews the term ‘exit strategies’ and discusses how firms should approach and anticipate the ending of contracting relationships between buyers and suppliers.
Exit Strategies Definition
An exit strategy details the methods for withdrawing from a working relationship with a supplier (Elango, 2008; Kam et al., 2011). The term is also widely used to refer to the process of business owners exiting or selling a business or business unit, and in the financial markets with the trading of stocks and shares. Here we refer to exit strategies specifically in relation to the ending of contracting relationships between buyers and suppliers.
Exit Strategies Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Exit Strategies.
Exit Strategies Strengths *
Exit Strategies Weaknesses *
Examples of Exit Strategies *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Exit Strategies Implementation *
Success Factors of Exit Strategies *
Measures of Exit Strategies *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Exit Strategies Videos *
Exit Strategies Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Exit Strategies Web Resources *
Exit Strategies Print Resources *
Exit Strategies References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barton, P. (2012) Making an Exit. Supply Management, Vol. 12(3), p.18.
- Bullen, C.V., LeFave, R. and Selig, G.J. (2010) Implementing Strategic Sourcing. Van Haren Publishing, Netherlands.
- Burnes, B. and Anastasiadis, A. (2003) Outsourcing: A Public-private Sector Comparison. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol. 8(4), pp. 355-66.
- CIO (2005) Outsourcing - and Backsourcing - at JPMorgan Chase. [Online] Available at: www.cio.com/article/10524/Outsourcing_and_Backsourcing_at_JPMorgan_Chase [Accessed: 8 February 2012].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Exit Strategies and hundreds of other essential business management techniques