The concept describes the origins of ergonomics and its application in organisational design. The concept also reviews the nature of interactions between people and systems and discusses the main strengths, business evidence and success factors of ergonomics in organisations.
Ergonomics (or human factors) is the scientific discipline concerned with the understanding of the interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theoretical principles, data and methods to design in order to optimise human wellbeing and overall system performance (International Ergonomics Association, 2000).
Ergonomics Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Ergonomics.
Ergonomics Strengths *
Ergonomics Weaknesses *
Examples of Ergonomics *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Ergonomics Implementation *
Success Factors of Ergonomics *
Measures of Ergonomics *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Ergonomics Videos *
Ergonomics Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Ergonomics Web Resources *
Ergonomics Print Resources *
Ergonomics References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bangor, A., Kortum, P.T. and Miller, J.T. (2008) An Empirical Evaluation of the System Usability Scale. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Vol. 24(6), pp. 574-94.
- Chapanis, A. (1996) Human Factors in Engineering. Wiley, New York.
- CTD News (1995a) 3M Pilots Ergonomic Program to Reduce OSHA Recordables, 3M Cardiovascular System. CTD News.
- CTD News (1995b) Toyota's Evaluation, Ergonomics that Work. CTD News.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Ergonomics and hundreds of other essential business management techniques