Economic Production Quantity
The Economic production quantity concept is designed to help inventory managers and practitioners better understand the benefits of maintaining the right amount of inventory.
Economic Production Quantity Definition
The economic production quantity (EPQ) model is used to determine the optimal order quantity that an organisation should place with a supplier to minimise inventory costs, while balancing inventory holding and average fixed order costs (Dolgui et al., 2010).
Economic Production Quantity Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Economic Production Quantity.
Economic Production Quantity Strengths *
Economic Production Quantity Weaknesses *
Examples of Economic Production Quantity *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Economic Production Quantity Implementation *
Success Factors of Economic Production Quantity *
Measures of Economic Production Quantity *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Economic Production Quantity Videos *
Economic Production Quantity Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Economic Production Quantity Web Resources *
Economic Production Quantity Print Resources *
Economic Production Quantity References (4 of up to 20) *
- Billington, C., Callioni, G., Crane, B., Ruark, J.D., Rapp, J.U., White, T. and Willems, S.P. (2004) Accelerating the Profitability of Hewlett-Packard's Supply Chains. Interfaces, Vol. 34(1), pp. 59-72.
- Biskup, D., Simons, D. and Jahnke, H. (2003) The Effect of Capital Lockup and Customer Trade Credits on the Optimal Lot Size: A Confirmation of the EPQ. Computers and Operations Research, Vol. 30(10), pp. 1509-1524.
- Bixby, A., Downs, B. and Self, M. (2006) A Scheduling and Capable-to-promise Application for Swift & Company. Interfaces, Vol. 36(1), pp. 69-86.
- Brigham, E.F. and Ehrhardt, M.C. (2008) Financial Management. Thomson South-Western: Mason, OH.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Economic Production Quantity and hundreds of other essential business management techniques