Economic Order Quantity
The economic order quantity model is particularly beneficial for small business owners and warehouse managers who want to review their inventory systems in order to reduce costs and maximise profits. This concept will help you evaluate advantages and disadvantages of this inventory model before implementing it.
Economic Order Quantity Definition
Economic order quantity (EOQ) is the most economical “stock replenishment order size, which minimises the sum of stock ordering costs and stockholding costs. EOQ is used in an 'optimising' stock control system” (CIMA, 2005).
Economic Order Quantity Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Economic Order Quantity.
Economic Order Quantity Strengths *
Economic Order Quantity Weaknesses *
Examples of Economic Order Quantity *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Economic Order Quantity Implementation *
Success Factors of Economic Order Quantity *
Measures of Economic Order Quantity *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Economic Order Quantity Videos *
Economic Order Quantity Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Economic Order Quantity Web Resources *
Economic Order Quantity Print Resources *
Economic Order Quantity References (4 of up to 20) *
- Billington, C., Callioni, G., Crane, B., Ruark, J.D., Rapp, J.U., White, T. and Willems, S.P. (2004) Accelerating the Profitability of Hewlett-Packard's Supply Chains. Interfaces, Vol. 34(1), pp. 59-72.
- Bixby, A., Downs, B. and Self, M. (2006) A Scheduling and Capable-to-Promise Application for Swift & Company. Interfaces, Vol. 36(1), pp. 69-86.
- Bossert, J.L., Blank, A. and Margetson, B. (2004) Basic Issues: Supplier Rating. In J.L. Bossert (Ed.) The Supplier Management Handbook. American Society for Quality. Quality Press: Milwaukee.
- Brigham, E.F. and Ehrhardt, M.C. (2008) Financial Management. Thomson South-Western: Mason, OH.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Economic Order Quantity and hundreds of other essential business management techniques